- Published on Saturday, 02 February 2013 09:43
- Hits: 986
Sri Lanka Law College announced that it has commenced the registration of students who were selected based on the last year’s entrance exam. Principal of the Sri Lanka Law College Mr Dr. W.D Rodrigo told this edition that the Council has decided to reduce the cut off marks in order to increase the intake.
Several students who sat for the entrance exam earlier protested when the results were released last month saying that the results were ethnically biased and the paper has been leaked, but could not be proved. The protesting students who had earlier announced that they would file a fundamental case against the result have now told a local daily that they were pleased with the decision by the law college to increase the intake.
The earlier announced cut off marks of 69 has now been reduced to 66 making a student intake of additional 242 as against the originally planned 309.
The Principal said that the law entrance exam hitherto practiced since 1999 was based on the background to the Law.” From this year on wards there will be two papers one is on language and the other will be General Knowledge and intelligence. Once the syllabus is revised we will call for application for this year shortly” he told the news.lk
But he said the students will have to answer either of the papers in English and opt to write the other in their mother language.
The studies at the College will be conducted only in English but the answers could be written in any language. When asked about the intake of foreign qualified Law graduates he said that they need not sit for the entrance exam but will have to sit for all three exam at the College to be an Attorney-At-Law.. Such students depending on their ability can decide whether they will sit for all three years exam in one year or on an annual basis. But the locally qualified Law Graduates and the Foreign qualified barristers are exempted from the first two years exam Mr. Rodrigo the Principal of the Sri Lanka Law College said.hsn