- Published on Monday, 11 November 2013 17:59
- Hits: 857
- Published on Thursday, 31 October 2013 15:17
- Hits: 1195
01. Multi-Sector Action Plan for Nutrition - it has been observed that the country has entered a phase of rapid growth and development and that the workforce has to be transformed into a productive human resource which is physically and mentally fit to meet the challenges. The improvement of nutrition of all age groups and segments of the population up to the required level needs intervention not only from the health sector but also from stakeholders from other sectors such as education,Agriculture, livestock etc. Nutrition is thus identified as requiring a multi- sectoral approach. The Multi-Sector Action Plan for nutrition comprises activities formulated by a panel of experts under the guidance of the National Nutrition Council (NNC) in keeping with globally accepted standards for nutrition. The proposal made by H.E. the President in his capacity as the Chairman, National Nutrition Council, to proceed with the activities relating to the above, was approved by the Cabinet.
- Published on Thursday, 24 October 2013 17:20
- Hits: 800
01. Assistance and Protection of Victims of Crime and Witnesses Bill - the proposed Law will create a balance in the Criminal Justice System of Sri Lanka between the rights of accused, the rights and entitlements of victims of crime and the entitlements of witnesses, and will thereby facilitate the conduct of fair trials and justice being meted out to both victims of crime and accused. Cabinet approval was granted to refer the proposal on the above made by Hon. Rauff Hakeem, Minister of Justice to the Cabinet Sub-Committee on Legislation for its recommendations before presenting it in Parliament.
- Published on Thursday, 17 October 2013 17:42
- Hits: 812
01. Comprehensive Mastitis Control Programme for increased milk production - Mastitis is the most common disease in local dairy cows that affects the production and the quality of milk. This disease affects the udders of milking cows. It is
proposed to implement a comprehensive National Mastitis Control Programme in the country by enhancing the production capacity of locally manufactured udder infusions by the Veterinary Research Institute (VRI). This project is to be
implemented over a period of 05 years commencing from 2014.
- Published on Thursday, 10 October 2013 15:17
- Hits: 780
01.Revision of 2:5 of Chapter VI, 1:5 of Chapter XII and 6:4 of Chapter XXVIII of the Establishments Code - the telegram service which was used by Public Officers as one of the modes to inform the respective Heads of Departments when they are unable to report for duty owing to an urgent matter, specially without obtaining prior approval, has been terminated with effect from 2013-10•01.
- Published on Friday, 20 September 2013 13:25
- Hits: 1028
01. Establishment of a Resident Diplomatic Mission of Sri Lanka in Victoria, the Republic of Seychelles - The Republic of Seychelles is one of the internationally active countries in the African Region. Diplomatic relations between Seychelles and Sri Lanka were established at Ambassadorial level in 1988 and at present the High Commissioner of Sri Lanka in Pretoria is concurrently accredited to Seychelles. H.E. the President of Sri Lanka undertook a State visit to Seychelles in late June this year and during the visit the two leaders expressed their strong desire to broaden and deepen economic, diplomatic ties between the two countries. Some of the outcomes of the visit are -
- Published on Thursday, 12 September 2013 16:10
- Hits: 1046
01. Establishment of International Irrigation and Water Management Training Institute of Kotmale, Sri Lanka - the proposal made by Hon. Nimal Siripala de Silva, Minister of Irrigation and Water Resources Management, to recruit trainees to the above Institute which was established in 2012, to be trained as Engineering Assistants and Technical Assistants to meet the existing shortage of Engineering Staff to the Mahaweli Authority of Sri Lanka and the Department of Irrigation and other Government Institutions, was approved by the Cabinet.