- Published on Friday, 28 February 2014 15:34
- Hits: 2044
01. Revision and Consolidation of Legislative Enactments - Legislative Enactments officially edited up to the year 1956 consist of 12 volumes of principle enactments and 07 volumes of subsidiary legislation. Legislation subsequently enacted from 1956 to 1980 are incorporated in the last revised edition of legislative enactments of Sri Lanka. It has become necessary to revise and consolidate the laws that were promulgated since 1956 and to have such editions in Sinhala, Tamil and English languages. The proposal made by H.E. the President, to proceed with the related activities, was approved by the Cabinet.
- Published on Thursday, 20 February 2014 16:58
- Hits: 1269
Strategic Cities Development Project - a project is being formulated by the Ministry of Finance and Planning to develop major cities in the country, including Galle and Kandy, to achieve the planned development in those cities. Preparation of Strategic Development Plans for Galle and Kandy cities, together with a Transport Improvement Plan to overcome traffic issues in Kandy city were identified as priority needs under this project. The proposal made by H.E. the President, in his capacity as the Minister of Defence and Urban Development, to obtain the consultancy services for the preparation of Strategic Development Plans and for conducting Environmental Assessments for the purpose from the University of Moratuwa and far Social Assessments from the University of Peradeniya, and to proceed with the relevant activities, was approved by the Cabinet.
- Published on Thursday, 13 February 2014 16:35
- Hits: 1147
01. Financial Assistance from the Asian Development Bank (ADB) for Implementation of the Skills Sector Enhancement Program (SSEP) - the Skills Sector Development Programme aims to establish an efficient skills education system to meet the local and foreign labour market demand by 2020. The programme will develop skills, abilities and competencies of the youth to meet the demand of the global economy and support the country's transition to a knowledge-based economy. The Asian Development Bank has agreed to contribute US $200 million for the purpose. The proposal made by H.E. the President, in his capacity as the Minister of Finance and Planning, to proceed with the relevant activities, was approved by the Cabinet.
- Published on Friday, 31 January 2014 10:26
- Hits: 1098
01. Setting-up of National Equipment Identity Register (NEIR) at Telecommunications Regulatory Commission of Sri Lanka (TRCSL) - at present, there are nearly 2.2 million mobile phone users in the country and the TRCSL has decided to set up a National Equipment Identity Register for use of all Mobile Operators with the aim of curtailing the counterfeit mobile phone market and to discourage mobile phone theft so as to protect the consumers. This NEIR acts as a central system for all network operators to ensure that black listed mobile terminals in one network will not work on other networks even if the Subscriber Identity Module (S1M) Card in the device is changed. The proposal made by H.E. the President, to proceed with the relevant activities, was approved by the Cabinet.
- Published on Sunday, 26 January 2014 09:58
- Hits: 911
01. Granting relief to persons affected by the acquisition of lands for the Morana Reservoir Project in Badulla District - the Morana Reservoir is a new irrigation project in the Rideemaliyadda Divisional Secretary's Division of the Badulla District, to overcome the shortage of water in the Nagadeepa Scheme. With the implementation of this project it will be possible to supply water in both Yala and Maha seasons for about 1500 acres of paddy lands under the Nagadeepa Scheme, and also drinking water for the people in the area. It is necessary to acquire 250 ha. of land for this reservoir and arrangements have been made to provide relief and relocate those to be affected, in the villages of Lihiniyaya and Aldeniya. A proposal made by Hon. Nimal Siripala de Silva, Minister• of Irrigation and Water Resources Management to award compensation for properties of persons affected and granting of relief in respect of relocation, was approved by the Cabinet.
- Published on Friday, 03 January 2014 18:25
- Hits: 1602
01. Scanning and e-documenting of applications and the relevant associated documents submitted to the Department of Immigration and Emigration for obtaining Citizenship and Visas - since a large number of applications along with supporting documents for obtaining dual citizenship, registering births of children born overseas and obtaining visas, are being received by the Department of Immigration and Emigration, it has been proposed to commence a project to convert such applications and documents relating to citizenship and visas, into an electronic document archive. This will facilitate to strengthen the visa and citizenship issuance process and upgrade the record management system. The proposal made by H.E. the President, in his capacity as the Minister of Defence and Urban Developmerit, to proceed with the project, was approved by the Cabinet.
- Published on Tuesday, 17 December 2013 17:33
- Hits: 1947
1. Allocation of Land at Hulftsdorp to the Attorney General's Department - the proposal made by H.E. the President, in his capacity as the Minister of Defence and Urban Development, to allocate a vacant plot of land around 80 perches in extent situated at Hulftsdorp, Colombo 12, owned by the Urban Development Authority, to the Attorney General's Department, as the existing space in the buildings is inadequate to meet the present requirements of the Department, was approved by the Cabinet.