- Published on Thursday, 10 January 2013 14:54
- Hits: 2397
1. Improving Provincial Zonal Information and Communication Technology Centers - on the proposal made by Hon. Bandula Gunawardena, Minister of Education, to establish Provincial Information and Communication Technology Centers in areas where such Centres have not been established and to provide them with necessary equipment and infrastructure facilities, Cabinet approval was granted to conduct courses through the technological laboratories presently under construction in schools, in collaboration with the Tertiary and Vocational Training Commission for providing school children and school leavers with the National Vocational Qualification (NVQ) in the subject of Information and Communication Technology.
2. Implementation of Budget Proposals - 2013 - Distribution of an additional set of uniform and a pair of shoes in the middle of the year to students who pursue studies in schools in difficult and extremely difficult areas - it has been decided by the Government through the Budget Proposals 2013, to implement a programme for the distribution of an additional set of uniform material and a pair of shoes in the middle of the year to students who pursue studies in schools situated in difficult and extremely difficult areas as a source of encouragement and motivation. Based on the proposal made by Hon. Bandula Gunawardena, Minister of Education, Cabinet approval was granted to implement the proposal in 733 schools in difficult and extremely difficult areas in the Districts of Ampara, Batticoloa, Trincomalee and Polonnaruwa where the 'Deyata Kirula' 2013 is scheduled to be held, in the first instance.
3. Term Tender for a Combined Cargo - the proposal made by Hon. Susil Premajayantha, Minister of Petroleum Industries, to enter into a term contract for the supply of petroleum products for a period of six months from 2012-12-01 up to 2013-05-31, subject to stipulated conditions, as recommended by the Special Standing Cabinet Appointed Procurement Committee (SSCAPC), was approved by the Cabinet.
4. Granting permanent appointments to Trainee Graduates as per the Service Minute of Development Officers - on the proposal made by Hon. W.D.J. Seneviratne, Minister of Public Administration and Home Affairs, Cabinet approval was granted to grant permanent appointments to Graduate Trainees in terms of the Service Minute of Development Officers, for posts in Government institutions approved by the Department of Management Services of the Ministry of Finance and Planning.
5. Loan from the Exim Bank of China under Chinese Government Concessional Loan Facility to finance Hambantota Port Development Project - Phase I for Ancillary Works and Supply of Equipment - the proposal made by H.E. the President, in his capacity as the Minister of Finance and Planning, to enter into a Framework Agreement with the Government of Peoples' Republic of China to obtain a loan of R1'vIB Yuan 960 million to finance the additional cost of Phase I of the Hambantota Port Development Project, was approved by the Cabinet. The proposed project envisages economic and social benefits and will generate direct income and indirect employment opportunities in the area.