- Published on Thursday, 29 November 2012 19:37
- Hits: 1511
Minister of Environment and the Actg Minister of Mass media and Information Mr. Anura Priyadarshana Yapa briefed the media at the Dept of Government Information on Thursday on the decision taken by the Cabinet of Ministers at its weekly meeting held November 28,
- Published on Thursday, 15 November 2012 13:08
- Hits: 1542
1. SACEP Secretariat to be setup at Baththaramulla
On a proposal made by minister of Environment Mr. Anura Priyadarshana Yapa the Cabinet of Ministers approved for the allocation of a block of land by the Urban Development Authority in an around Baththaramulla, for the secretariat and the residence of the Director General of the South Asia Co-operative Environment Programme. Rs. 50.0 million will be allocated for the purpose.
- Published on Thursday, 01 November 2012 15:34
- Hits: 2039
1. National Policy on construction of Telecommunication towers
• On a proposal made by the President as Minister in charge of Sri Lanka Telecommunication Regulatory Authority the Cabinet of Ministers decided to implement a national policy on Telecommunication towers with a specific guideline for it.
- Published on Friday, 19 October 2012 12:01
- Hits: 2784
01. Kandy Lake and surrounding to be Developed
• Work on the development of the city of Kandy is now underway and on the proposal by the President, Cabinet approval was granted to entrust the development of the Kandy Lake and the wall surrounding it as well as the pavement, to the Ministry of Defence and Urban Development, with the view to preserve its historical value and to promote the scenic beauty of the city of Kandy.
- Published on Thursday, 11 October 2012 11:57
- Hits: 3570
1. Joint Task Force for Promotion of Commercial Relations with India
• On a proposal by Mr. Rishad Bathiudeen, Minister of Industry and Commerce, Cabinet of Ministers with the view to promoting mutual trade between India and Sri Lanka and to promote Indian investments in several key sectors including pharmaceuticals, textiles and auto accessories etc. decided to establish a Joint Task Force representing public and private authorities of both the countries
- Published on Thursday, 04 October 2012 11:49
- Hits: 3504
01/ Lands for resettlement of families in the City of Colombo to be vested in UDA
· The proposal made by the President, in his capacity as the Minister of Defence and Urban Development to vest the identified blocks of state land in 15 locations in the city of Colombo to be utilized for the purpose constructing housing units for the undeserved people of the city of Colombo, as Free Grants with the Urban Development Authority, was approved by the Cabinet.
- Published on Thursday, 27 September 2012 12:55
- Hits: 3209
01. Ministerial Committee to organize the 65th Independence Day Celebrations - 04th February 2013
• Cabinet of Ministers approved a proposal made by Mr. W.DJ. Seneviratne, Minister of Public Administration and Home Affairs, to appoint a Ministerial Committee consisting of the following to make necessary arrangements for the 65th Independence Day Celebrations