- Published on Thursday, 16 August 2012 16:29
- Hits: 3364
1. Pension for Home Guards and the Civil Security Force
- Cabinet of Ministers confirmed its decision taken at its meeting on 2012-08-08 on the proposal made by the President, in his capacity as the Minister of Defence and Urban development, to grant pension benefits for the Members of the Horne Guards Force and the Civil Security Force, in terms of the provisions of the Minute on Pensions
- Cabinet also decided to formulate suitable Schemes of Recruitment and Salary Scales for the said Services, in consultation with the General Treasury and other relevant authorities.
- Published on Thursday, 09 August 2012 17:41
- Hits: 3791
1. Rangiri Dambulu Rajamaha Vihara sacred area to be demarcated
• The proposal made by Prime Minister D.M. Jayaratne, as the Minister of Buddha Sasana and Religious Affairs, to entrust the task of the determination of boundary and development of Rangiri Dambulla sacred area, to the Urban Development Authority was approved by the Cabinet.
- Published on Thursday, 26 July 2012 17:27
- Hits: 4842
1.The National Action Plan for the implementation of the Recommendations of the Commission of Inquiry on Lessons Learnt & Reconciliation (LLRC) –
•The Report of the LLRC which was handed over to H.E. the President in mid November 2011, was placed before Parliament in mid December 2011. The LLRC had made 285 recommendations which include many sub-recommendations and they have been classified into four main groups as follows:
- Published on Thursday, 19 July 2012 12:56
- Hits: 4343
01 Feasibility study on the northern expressway to be launched
• Cabinet of Ministers granted its approval for the proposal made by the President, in his capacity as the Minister of Ports and Highways to carry out Feasibility Studies, Environmental Impact Assessment and Preparation of Documents to Invite Expression of Interest and Requests for Proposals for Phase 1 of the Proposed Northern Expressway
- Published on Thursday, 12 July 2012 14:20
- Hits: 3291
1. Ananda College, Colombo gets a Playground at Rajaglriya –
· The proposal made by the President Mahinda Rajapaksa as the Minister of Defence and Urban Development, to revert the block of land more than 3 1/2 acres in extent, situated at Buthgamuwa Rajagiriya, to the Land Commissioner General, for handing over it as a Free Grant to Ananda College, Colombo 10, for the development of a playground was approved by the cabinet of ministers.
- Published on Thursday, 05 July 2012 13:27
- Hits: 3350
1. New Administrative Office Complex for Parliament at Madiwela
- The proposal made President Mahinda Rajapaksa , as the Minister of Defence and Urban Development, to allocate a block of land at Madiwela belonging to the Urban Development Authority (UDA) to the Sri Lanka Parliament, for the construction of an administrative office complex to house the offices which are not directly connected to its legislative and related matters, was approved by the Cabinet.
- UDA has acquired blocks of low lying land of 150 acres in extent at Madiwela and Mirihana villages and the physical possession of the land has been handed over to the Parliament for the proposed development activities.
- Published on Thursday, 28 June 2012 13:12
- Hits: 3528
1/09 Immediate relief for families affected by Uma Oya project
• On a proposal made by Minister of Irrigation and Water Resources Management Mr. Nimal Siripala de Silva the cabinet gave its approval to implement a relief scheme to pay compensation for the families affected by the Uma Oya Mulitpurpose Development Project implemented with the assistance from the Islamic Republic of Iran