* Jaltara-Ranala Water Supply Project;
* Embilipitiya Water Supply Project;
* Medirigiriya Water Supply Project;
* Kundasale Water Supply Project;
* Matale Water Supply Project;
* Marassana Water Supply Project; and
* Thalawakele Water Supply Project
02. Establishment of an Independent Unit for the Control of the Export of Organic Products - The proposal made by Hon. Rishad Bathiudeen, Minister of Industry and Commerce, to set up unit for regulating and controlling the export of Organic Products under the Sri Lanka Export Development Board and to Gazette the draft regulations prepared for the purpose under the Export Development Act, No.40 of 1979, was approved by the Cabinet.
03. Small Development Project Grant Assistance by the Government of India to Develop the Faculty of Agriculture and the Faculty of Engineering at Kilinochchi, University of Jaffna - The proposal made by Hon. S.B. Dissanayake, Minister of Higher Education, for the amended Memorandum of Understanding between the Government of India and the Government of Sri Lanka, to develop the Faculty of Agriculture and the Faculty of Engineering at Kilinochchi, University of Jaffna, was approved by the Cabinet.
04. Hosting the 13th Session of the Regional Committee on the Recognition of Qualifications in Higher Education in Asia and the Pacific in conjunction with the Regional Workshop on Quality Assurance in Higher Education 4th - 5th August, 2014 - UNESCO Bangkok has offered Sri Lanka an opportunity to host the above on the 4th and 5th August, 2014 and this event is expected to be attended by around 60 international participants and draw the attention of educational professionals and academics in the Asia Pacific Region and others, and will also bring about better international recognition to the Higher Education in Sri Lanka. The proposal made by Hon. S.B. Dissanayake, Minister of Higher Education to host this event in Sri Lanka, was approved by the Cabinet.
05. Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) on Bilateral Consultations between the Ministry of External Affairs of the Democratic Socialist Republic of Sri Lanka and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the People's Democratic Republic of Algeria - The proposal made by Hon. Neomal Perera, Acting Minister of External Affairs, for the establishment of a Bilateral Consultation Mechanism between the Government of Sri Lanka and the Government of Algeria, for the purpose of promoting bilateral relations between the two countries in various fields, was approved by the Cabinet.
06. Implementation of the Five year plan for Initiating and Effective Continuation of the Environment Pioneer Programme at every school in the Island by the Central Environmental Authority- The 'Parisara Niyamu' (Environment Pioneer) Programme is being implemented by the Central Environmental Authority in a large number of schools with a view to inculcating environment-friendly attitudes in school children during childhood itself and enhancing their knowledge, understanding and skills through participation in environment conservation activities. The objective of the programme is to fashion the lives of students to a lifestyle disciplined by environment obligations, to generate good citizens who protect the environment and are sensitive to it and to carry the message of environment conservation to adults through school children. Cabinet granted approval to proceed with the proposal made by Hon. Susil Premajayantha, Minister of Environment and Renewable Energy, in this regard.
07. Hosting the Asian Productivity Organization (APO) Workshop in Sri Lanka - This is a Japan based International Organization established to assist its member countries towards the increase of productivity in the fields of agriculture and industry and at present 20 countries in the Asia Pacific Region, including Sri Lanka, are members of this organization. The proposal made by Hon. Mahinda Yapa Abeywardena, Minister of Agriculture, to host the above workshop in Sri Lanka was approved by the Cabinet.
08. Establishment of a Branding Methodology for Sri Lankan Coconut based Product Exports - it has been observed that branding of export products in the coconut industry will facilitate propagation of those products highlighting the identity of Sri Lanka and making the end users aware of the high standard of the product. Accordingly, the proposal made by Hon. A.P. Jagath Pushpakumara, Minister of Coconut Development and Janatha Estate Development, to launch a programme to promote the brand name "Sri Lanka Coconut" to ensure the quality and standard of the domestic coconut products, to create a competitive advantage and to penetrate into new markets, was approved by the Cabinet.
09. Signing a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between Bahrain and Sri Lanka for the Development of Sports - covering approval of the Cabinet was granted for the above MoU signed between the Government of Sri Lanka and the State of Bahrain for the development of Sports.
10. Acquisition of New Riverfield Section of Nickaloya Estate belonging to the Sri Lanka State Plantation Corporation for Village Expansion - The proposal made by Hon. Dayashritha Tissera, Minister of State Resources and Enterprise Development, to allocate an extent of 13.3938 hectares of land from New Riverfleld Section of Nickaloya Estate belonging to the Sri Lanka State Plantation Corporation, among 54 families at the rate of 02 roods per family, under village expansion, through the Divisional Secretary, Rattota, was approved by the Cabinet.
11. Implementation of Additional Four (04) Priority Water Supply Projects with funding secured from the Local Banks - Cabinet approval has already been granted for the implementation of 30 water supply projects at a cost of Rs.29.1 billion, engaging local contractors and with domestic funds. The proposal made by Hon. Dinesh Gunawardena, Minister of Water Supply and Drainage, to implement the following 04 additional projects as priority projects with a total investment of Rs.10.095 billion under the same scheme, was approved by the Cabinet:
* Towns East of Colombo Package 2 - Construction of ground reservoir, supply and laying of transmission main and other civil works;
* Towns East of Colombo Package 3 - Supply and laying of pipes for distribution network in Homagama, Padukka and Seethawaka D.S. areas;
* Kosgama-Avissawella Integrated Water Supply Project; and
* Medirigiriya distribution Phase II.
12. Construction of a Four Storied Building for the Library under Relocation of the Buddhasravaka Bhikku University, Anuradhapura - The proposal made by Hon. S.B. Dissanayake, Minister of Higher Education, to award the above contract to the lowest evaluated substantially responsive bidder for a sum of Rs.298,273,258.00, as recommended by the Standing Cabinet Appointed Procurement Committee (SCAPC), was approved by the Cabinet.
13. Construction of Shilpa Kala Gammanaya. Mahawa - The proposal made by Hon, T.B. Ekanayake, Minister of Culture and the Arts, to establish the Shilpa Kala Gammanaya in the village of Digana in the Divisional Secretary's Division of Mahawa, was approved by the Cabinet.
14. Establishment of Clinical Waste Management Systems in Hospitals - Management of health care (Clinical) waste is of high concern of the Government as such waste is harmful to the environment as well as to the people in the surrounding areas. With the objective of promoting safe practice of clinical waste management in hospitals, the Ministry of Health has entered into a commercial contract with an Australian contractor for establishing clinical waste management systems in selected hospitals at a cost of US $18,444,571.45. The proposal made by H.E. the President, in his capacity as the Minister of Finance and Planning, to proceed with the matters relating to financing arrangements, was approved by the Cabinet.
15. Agreement between the Government of the Democratic Socialist Republic of Sri Lanka and the Government of the Republic of Poland for the Avoidance of Double Taxation and the Prevention of Fiscal Evasion with respect to Taxes on Income - the proposal made by H.E. the President, in his capacity as the Minister of Finance and Planning, to enter into the above agreement at Government level, was approved by the Cabinet.