02. Creation of young entrepreneurs in field of agriculture (Document No 06)
It has been identified that lack of commercial level entrepreneur’s level entrepreneurs in the agriculture field is a main course for the law productivity in the field. Hence it has been planned to implement a program to provide. Concessionary loans to 100 selected entrepreneurs in the Kurunegala District as a pilot Project and up on its success to facilitated 1000 entrepreneurs in Wayaba , North Cantal and Eastern provinces as its second phase and two select 10000 entrepreneurs from hold island as the third steps, with the view of increasing the contribution of the agriculture field in national Production proposal made by H.E. The President Maithripala Sirisena, to implement the above program , was approved by cabinet of Ministers.
03. Agreement on Grant and implementation between Millennium Challenge Cooperation and Sri Lanka.(Document No. 08)
MCC a foreign aid agency of US, will provide a grant of USD 7.4 Million for development of Several fields in Sri Lanka during next 05 years. The proposal made by Hon. Prime Minister Ranil Wickramasinghe , to sing the above agreement for obtaining the said Grant in implementing relevant program was approved by the cabinet of Ministers.
04. Providing accommodation for the staff of defense services, command and Staff (Document No.09 and 10)
Above Collage provides training for more than 130 offices annually, and to improve its efficiency, the proposal made by H.E. Prasident Maithripala Sirisena, as the Minister of defense, to construct a new tree stories building and a new four storied building for providing accommodations for its staff members, was approved by the Cabinet of Ministers.
05. Preventing the use of HCFC, which is harmful to ozone layer (Document No 11)
According to international conventions and obligations, the cabinet has appointed a technical committee on 16.08.2016, to make short term and long term recommendations to end the use of HCFC, minimizing its impact on the related field which HCFC is used. The proposal made by H.E. the Prasident Maithripala Sirisena, in his capacity as the Minister of Mahaweli Development and environment, implement its recommendations including the following, was approved by the cabinet of Ministers.
Prohibition of importing use or reconditioned equipment with ozone depleting substances which are mentioned in Montreal protocol.
Prohibition of import , production and assemble of tads or accessories which uses HCFC that exceed 100 value of Global Worming potential and 0.03 value of ozone Depleting potential with effect from 01.01.2018 and to prohibit the same which do not exceed above value which effect from 01.01.2021.
Imposing of a condition to issue environment protection permits for agencies in refrigerator and air conditioning , that they should have a refrigerant recovery and recycling machine with effect from 01.01.2019
06. Payment of compensations for acquisition of lands for Moragahakanda project, which were given in lieu of lands acquired for Wemidilla Reservoir. (Document No 12)
People who lost their lands due to Wemidilla Reservoir project were given new lands in 2008 and as they were again acquired for Moragahakanda project, the proposal made by H.E. The President Maithripala Sirisena as The Minister of Mahaweli development and Environment to pay financial compensation for 53 such persons, was approved cabinet of Ministers.
07. Preparation of a method to conduct practical examinations for issuing of driving licenses in qualitative and productive manner. (Document No 16)
It has been Propose to identity other parties other than examination of motor vehicle, as their monopoly has created some irregularities in issuing of driving licenses and low qualities of some drivers accordingly the proposed made by Hon. Nimal Siripala De Silva, Minister of Transport and Civil Aviation, to appoint a committee of officials. To prepare reports with suitable recommendations in this regard, was approved by the cabinet of ministers,
08. Offer a New House as the Jack pot if “ Sevana” Lottery (Document No 19)
First draw of the new Sevana lottery is scheduled to be on 27.07.2017 and it has been proposed to offer a house as its Jack pot.
The proposal made by the HO. Ravi Karunanayaka, Minister of Foreign Affairs, to purchase this houses from and institutions recommended by the Ministry of Housing and Constructions and national Housing Development Authority, and to provide relevant contributions from sales income of the lottery to sevana fund , was approved by the cabinet of Ministers.
09. Production of 100 special boats to be deployed in rescue operations in flood situations (Document No -20)
A special boat with relevant tools and facilities that can be used in flood situations has been created by Sri Lanka Navy. About 10 persons can get a board in this boat. Accordingly, the proposal made by Hon. Aura Priyadarshana Yapa, Minister of Disaster Management, to produce 100 boats through Sri Lanka Navy and to locate the near areas with a high potential of floods, was approved by the Cabinet of Ministers.
09. National Health Policy. (Document No - 21)
Current health policy was prepared in 1996, and a new policy has been prepared considering the concept of universal Health Coverage, for the ten year period of 2016-2025. The proposal made by Dr. Rajitha senerathna , Minister of Health Nutrition and Indigenous Medicine, to grant approved for this policy, with following key policy factors, was approved by the Cabinet of Ministers.
*Strengthening of service providing for healing objectives
*Treatment service that can be accessed by all
*Promotion of fare access to rehabilitation treatment service
*Establishment of a planning method for continues provision of services
*Development of strategies for minimizing the personal expenditures of patients and minimizing financial risk.
* Assuring an expanded health system with better restructuring including HR management
* Building of strategic partnership with all service providers in health sector.
11. Appointment of a Board of Governors for Ranminithenna National Tele cinema Park (document No-23 )
The proposal made by Hon. Mangala samaraweera , Minister of Finance and Mass Media , to appoint the above Board of Governor which comprises of experts in the relevant institutions was approved by the Cabinet of Ministers.
12. Land acquisition for Salawa township Development project (Document No-27)
As per the consent of Sri Lanka Army, the proposal made by Hon.Patali Champika Ranawaka, Minister of Mega polis and Western Development, to acquire a land of 04 acres, 2 roods and 24.40 perches for following projects, was approved by the Cabinet of Ministers.
• Widening of the main road with 04 lanes
• Allocation of land for Bank Branches
• Construction of Community Hall
• Construction of Super Market Complex
• Construction of 35 Shop Stalls
• Construction of Children’s Park and a Stadium
• Construction of food stores
13. Conducting international level training courses and workshops by Irrigation Training Institute (Document No-33)
The proposal made by Hon. Wijith Wijayamuni Soyza, Minister of Irrigation and Water Resources Management. To provide facilities and for prepare a Administrative and financial method for Kothmale, International Training Institute of Irrigation and Water Management on the above purpose, was approved by the Cabinet of Ministers.
14. Amendment of Judicature Act No 2 of 1978 (Document No-34)
Amendment of the above act has already been approved by the Cabinet and the proposal made by Hon.(Dr.) Wijayadasa Rajapaksha, Minister of Justice, to instruct the Legal Draftsman to drafts amendments for considering Justices of the Peace already appointed are valid to the District which they were residing at the time of appointment and regulations for objective of implementing a code of ethics for JPs, was approved by the Cabinet of Ministers.
15. Making relief for Communities in estate areas affected by floods and landslides (Document No-42)
About 872 families of above communities were affected in recent floods and the Proposal made by Hon.U.Palani Digambaram, Minister of Hill Country New Villages, Infrastructure and Community Development to implement relief activities including, resettlement, Provision of Rooting Sheets, Construction of Toilets, Water supply project, Provision of Water Tank, improved damaged child Development Centers at a cost of Rs.500 million, was approved by the Cabinet of Ministers.
16. Immediate Steps to be taken for Prevention of irregular waste disposal in Colombo and suburbs and Dengue prevention (Document No-44)
The joint proposal made by Hon.Faizer Musthfa, Minister of Provincial Councils and Local Government and Hon. Sagala Rathnayake, Minister of Law and Order and Southern Development, to implement following actions, decided at the meeting chaired by the Hon. Prime Minister, was approved by the Cabinet of Ministers.
• Installation of CCTV Cameras on Public places where waste is disposed irregularly.
• To make Compulsory installation of name boards with details of the owners or constructor in all construction sites in Colombo and Suburbs.
• File private cases against persons responsible in maintaining dengue breeding sites in Schools, public Institutions & other institutions.
• Impose regulations to check houses & properties which are looked & to take legal action against them under public security Act.
• Attach relevant officers & Provide facilities to the operating room to continue its task within 24 hours.
17. Construction of Academic & Administrative Building in Nurses training Schools, kalutara (Document No-47)
The proposal made by Hon.(Dr) Rajitha Senarathne,Minister of Health Nutrition & Indigenous Medicine ,to award the above contract at accost of Rs.714.2 million (including tax),was approved by the cabinet of ministers.
18. Modernization of Jaya Container Terminal of Sri Lanka Ports Authority (Document No -48)
The proposal made by Hon. Mahinda Samarasinghe, Minister of Ports & Shipping to implement the phase v of modernization activities to improve the capacity of terminal, was approved by the cabinet of Ministers.
19 .Empowerment of commission to Investigate Allegations of Bribery & Corruption (Document No -50)
The Bureau of Democracy ,Human Rights,& Labor of US department of State, has agreed to provide financial aids on the above purpose & the proposal made by H.E. the President Maithripala Sirisena, to Sign relevant MOUs to obtain the agreed grant of USP235,000 (Approximately Rs.35.25 million ),was approved by the cabinet of Ministers.
20. Obtaining Consultation Services for the efficiency and productivity of Disaster management process in Sri Lanka (Document No.51)
The Proposal made by the Hon. Anura Priyadharshana Yapa, Minister of Disaster management in this regard, was approved by the Cabinet of Ministers.
21. Providing prompt solutions to issues occurred related to Uma Oya Multipurpose Development scheme (Document No.53)
A Cabinet subcommittee was appointed at the cabinet meeting held on 27.07.2017 to present a report on difficulties faced by residents due to the above project. As the Chairman of the subcommittee, the proposal made by Hon. Mahinda Amaraweera, Minister of Fisheries and Aquatic Resources Development and state Minister of Mahaweli Development and Environment, to implement following recommendations with immediate effect, for providing reliefs for affected persons, was approved by the Cabinet of Ministers.
Construction of six largescale underground wells in suitable places after conducting a proper study.
Implementation of a special programme to provide water tanks for persons who has not yet received water tanks within next two weeks.
Transferring of 20 Tractor bowers of the ministry of Home Affairs to Badulla District Secretary for strengthening the water distribution process.
Accelerate the process of paying compensation for damaged properties.
Improve the efficiency of the National Building Research Institute by establishing a special unit.
Provide Rs.100 million to the provincial council for rehabilitation of rural roads in affected areas.
Strengthening of Jana Sahana Secretariat, which is already being established to provide reliefs.
Review the progress of relief operation fortnightly and monthly
Allocation of funds by budget 2018, to accelerate the Constructions of proposed water supply scheme in Bandarawela
Release of allocations of Rs.100 million for reconstruction of affected small reservoirs.
Grant the ownership of Lands identified for resettlement to relevant families through Bandarawela Divisional Secretary with immediate effect
Provide additional Financial allocations required to rehabilitate affected schools
Granting of a two year Concessionary period for payment of housing and agricultural loan instalments
Implement a special alternative livelihood Development plan in affected areas
Sealing of the water leaking in the tunnel by the Iranian Company
Re-Consideration of future excavation of the project only on recommendations made by International Experts and a Domestic Committee of expert.