02. Expanding small and medium scale entrepreneur Loan project (Document No 08)
Asian Development Bank has granted funds of USD 100 million for the above project and due to high demand for Loan the amount will be spend before the proposed project period.
The proposal made my Hon. Prime Minister Ranil Wickremesinghe as the Minister of National Policies and Economic Affairs, to hold negotiations with ADB to obtain additional funds of USD 75 million, to expand this Lone Scheme and to increase the number of beneficiaries, was approved by the Cabinet of Ministers.
03. State Christmas Festival -2017 (Document No. 09)
The Proposal made by the Tourism Development and Christian Religious Affairs Minister John Amaratunge to hold the State Christmas festival under the theme "Christmas is the origin of love" within the area of Roman Catholic Diocese of Trincomalee, was approved by the Cabinet of Ministers.
04. MoU between Sri Lanka and Qatar on exempting citizens with diplomatic special and duty passports from requirement of obtaining visa (Document No 14)
Cabinet of ministers has approved the proposal made by Internal Affairs, Wayamba development and Cultural Affairs Minister S. B. Navinna to sing the above agreement.
05. Obtaining Land for Aero-City Development (Document No 17)
Following Sub Projects are to be implemented under the above project.
• Establishment of a reserved area for value added industry.
• Establishment of reserved area for Small and medium scale enterprises
• Separate area for commercial and recreational activities.
• Media City
• Middle class houses and common amenities.
Above project is to be Establish under public – Privet partnership and the proposal made by Megapolis and Western Development Minister Patali Champika Ranawaka, to acquire a land lot of about 80 acres owned the by Sri Lanka Broadcasting Corporation, to UDA on the above propose, was approved by the Cabinet of Ministers.
06. Project for improving access gate of Bandaranaike International Airport (Document No 18)
Area around 18th mile post of Colombo – Negombo road is to be develop with combined bus stand, improvement of Railway Station, Taxi Park, Tourist Car park, Bank Services, Film hall, restaurant and shopping complex. Accordingly the proposal made by Megapolis and Western Development Minister Patali Champika Ranawaka to implement the above project was approved by the Cabinet of Ministers.
07. Amendment of Sugarcane Research Institute Act No. 75 of 1981 (Document No 21)
Above proposal made by Acting Plantation Industries Minister Lakshman Wasantha Perera, with the view of expanding its roll to development of this field, was approved by the Cabinet of Ministers.
08. Obtaining Geo-Hydro surveying tools and other equipment for underground water resources development for areas affected by dry spell (Document No 22)
Underground water resources should be developed to provide water required for areas affected by drought including Jaffna, Anuradhapura, Polonnaruwa, Monaragala and Hambantota. As equipment required in this regard which are in the Water Resources Board, the only institute in the country to act in this regard, are older than 20 years, the Proposal made by Irrigation and Water Resources Management Minister Wijith Wijayamuni Zoysa to provide required allocations in this regards was approved by the Cabinet of Ministers.
09. Development of temples damage due to bad weather conditions. (Document No 23)
Many temples have been damage due to flood and landslides occurred in May 2017 and District Sectaries have reported the damage has been assets as LKR 113.87 million. The Proposal made by Buddhasasana Minister Gamini Jayawickrama Perera, to reconstruct these damages using LKR 113.87 million from balance amounts of allocations which have been granted to Ministry for State Vesak Festival, was approved by cabinet of ministers.
10. Strengthening bilateral trade and economic cooperation between Austrian and Sri Lanka (Document no 36)
Two Countries began their diplomatic relations in 1947. The Proposal made by Development Strategies and International Trade Minister Malik Samarawickrama, to enter in to relevant agreements to strengthen these ties, was approved by the Cabinet of Ministers.
11. Infrastructure development in Universities (Document No.-39)
The proposal made by Higher Education and Highways Minister Lakshman Kiriella to implement following projects within 2018- 2019 at an estimated cost of LKR 380 million, was approved by the cabinet of Ministers.
• Expansion of Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering of the Engineering faculty of university of Peradeniya.
• Construction of a three storied hostel building for foreign student monks in Bhiksu University of Sri Lanka Anuradhapura.
• Construction of staff quarters at Trincomalee Campus of the Eastern University.
12. Award of contract for Consultancy Services for Pre – Feasibility study and feasibility study on six (06) Light Rail Transit Roads in western Region of Sri Lanka (Document No-42)
Proposals have been submitted by 05 international institutions on the above matter and the proposal made by Megapolis and Western Development Minister Patali Champika Ranawaka, to award the contract to M/s Seoyoung Engineering Co. Ltd, Saman Corporation, at a cost of LKR 202 million as recommended by Cabinet Appointed Consultant Procurement Committee, was approved by the cabinet of Ministers.
13. Improvement of Municipal Car Park Roof Top Kandy (Document No. -43)
The Proposal made by Mega Polis and Western Development Minister Patali Champika Ranawaka, to award the above contract to M/s Sierra Construction (Pvt.) Ltd at an amount of LKR 654.11 Million without Tax, as recommended by Cabinet Appointed Standing Procurement Committee, was approved by the Cabinet of Ministers.
14. Cooperation agreement on programme for Training internship trainees in the field of Technology between Japan and Sri Lanka (Document No. -49)
The proposal made by Foreign Employment Minister Thalatha Athukorala, to enter in to above agreement between Ministries of justice, Foreign Affairs, Health, Labour and Welfare, of Japan and Ministry of Foreign Employment of Sri Lanka, with the view of obtaining high level Skills Techniques & Knowledge of Japan for Sri Lanka was approved by the Cabinet of Ministers.
15. Establishment of New Local Authorities (Document No. -50)
Cabinet has already approved criteria prepared by committee of intellectuals on establishment of new local authorities and to upgrade existing local authorities. Based on these criteria it has been decided to establish 03 new local authorities as Ambagamuwa, Maskeliya and Norwood Pradeshiya Sabha instead of current Ambagamuwa Pradeshiya Sabha, and to establish 03 new local authorities as Nuwara Eliya, Agarapathna and Kotagala Pradeshiya Sabha instead of existing Nuwara Eliya Pradeshiya Sabha.
Accordingly, establishment of all local authorities including above local authorities will be gazetted on 01.11.2017. Above information presented by Provincial Councils and Local Government Minister Faizer Mustafa was considered by the Cabinet of Ministers.