02. Subject - Establishment of a Pilot Training school at Batticaloa Airport (Document No - 10)
Proponent – Transport and Civil Aviation Minister Nimal Siripala de Silva
Description - Expressions of interest were called from, interested parties and it was decided to facilitate M/s. Skurai Aviation to implement their proposal on the above purpose.
03. Subject - Reconstruction of unstable slopes and landslides of up country railway line (Document No - 13)
Proponent - Transport and Civil Aviation Minister Nimal Siripala de Silva, Disaster Management Minister Anura Priyadarshana Yapa
Description - Above project is to be implemented with special focus on line from Rambukkana to Badulla within next five years by SLR and National Building Research Organization.
04. Subject - MoU between Sri Lanka and South Africa on Science and Technological Corporation (Document No -14)
Proponent - Science, Technology and Research Minister Susil Premajayantha
Description -Above agreement is to be signed during Science Conference held on 07 and 08 December 2017 in South Africa.
05. Subject – Establishment of Selacine Television Institute as a limited Privet company (Document No - 15)
Proponent - Finance and Mass Media Minister Mangala Samaraweera
Description - Above institute established under Companies Act No 07 of 2007 is to be established as a limited privet company for competing with other similar institutes.
06. Subject - Improvement of Sri Lanka Media Training Institute (Document No - 16)
Proponent – Finance and Mass Media Minister Mangala Samaraweera
Description- A three year plan is proposed to be implemented for making SLMTI the National Training Institute of the field and the minister proposed to allocate funds required in this regard.
07 Subject - promotion of sales in Buddha Jayanthi book shop of the Department of Buddhist Affairs (Document No 21)
Proponent – Buddha Sasana Minister Gamini Jayawickrama Perera
Description- It has been decided to offer discount for selected publication for the benefit of local land foreign scholars.
08. Subject - Accelerated programme for middle income housing and infrastructure Development (Document No - 23)
Proponent – Housing and Constructions Minister Sajith Premadasa
Description- Proposal to transfer identified lands required for above programme to housing Development Authority that are situated in Akmeemana, Kurunegala, Puttalam, Hambantota and Anamaduwa was approved.
09. Subject - Improving the performance of the Department of Government Factory (Document No - 24)
Proponent – Housing and Constructions Minister Sajith Premadasa
Description- It has been decided to allocate funds for installation of a Crane and a software system on the above purpose.
10. Subject - Amendment of land Development Ordinance No – 19 of 1935 (Document No - 25)
Proponent – Land and Parliamentary Affairs Minister Gayantha Karunathilaka
Description - Legal Draftsman was instructed to amend above ordinance to suit present day needs.
11. Subject - Host the General Meeting and Conference 2019 of Commonwealth Local Government Forum (Document No - 26)
Proponent – Provincial Councils and Local Government Minister Faizer Mustafa
Description - It has been decided to submit the above proposal at the conference of CLGF held in Malta from 21-24 November this year.
12. Subject - Preparation of a bill to incorporate Bureau of Commissioner General of Rehabilitation (Document No - 27)
Proponent – Prison Reforms, Rehabilitation, Resettlement and Hindu Religious Affairs Minister D.M. Swaminathan
Description - above bureau was established by a Gazette Extraordinary to rehabilitee ex-combatants and later on its success rehabilitation of drug addicts was also assignment to the bureau. It is proposed to incorporate the said bureau through a parliament act.
13. Subject – Award of tender to purchase 1.1 million of lubricating oil required in 2017/2018 for Sapugaskanda Power Plant (Document No - 36)
Proponent – Power & Renewable Energy Minister Ranjith Siyambalapitiya
Awarded to – M/s. Chevron Lanka PLC
Rate – Rs. 234.43 per litre
14. Subject – Disposal of Coal ash produced in Puttalam Power Plant as a by product (Document No - 39)
Proponent - Power & Renewable Energy Minister Ranjith Siyambalapitiya
Description – There is a high demand for such coal ash as they are used for some industries and bids have been called to dispose of about 255,000 MT of coal ash produced annually and it has been decided to dispose them to eligible institutions.
15. Subject – Selection of Consultation Company for preparation of strategies for Digital Economy of Sri Lanka (Document No - 41)
Proponent – Telecommunications & Digital Infrastructure Minister Harin Fernando
Contract awarded to – McKinsey & Company
Cost – USD 1.425 million
16. Declaration of Mahaweli ‘E’ Zone as a special area of Sri Lanka Mahaweli Authority (Document No – 42)
Proponent – H.E. the president Maithripala Sirisena as the Mahaweli Development & Environment Minister,
Sustainable Development & Wildlife Minister Gamini Jayawickrama Perera
Description – Above area is to be declared as a zone under administration of Sri Lanka Mahaweli Authority for implementing a development plan for the area
17. Obtaining loan assistance for implementing second stage of Mahaweli Water Security Investment Programme - (Document No – 43)
Proponent – Hon. Prime Minister Ranil Wickramasinghe as the National Policies and Economic Affairs Minister
Description – Sri Lanka contributes USD 32 million in the project and rest USD 210 million is to be obtained as a loan from ADB and the cabinet approved to hold negotiations with ADB and to enter into relevant agreements.
18. Subject - MoU between Sri Lanka and Switzerland for mutual legal cooperation in Prevention of criminal activities ( Document No – 46)
Proponent - Justice Minister Thalatha Athukorala
Description - It was decided to sign the MoU and after few years of its implementation to enter in to an agreement.
19. Amendment of Concessionary agreement signed related to development of Hambantota Port through a Public Private Partnership (Document No - 48)
Proponent - Minister of Ports and Shipping Mahinda Samarasinghe
Description - It was agreed to pay the investment value to Sri Lankan Government by CM Port or its affiliated institutes as fallows.
i. USD 5 million has already been deposited to a special account as security and it should be transferred to SLPA on the effective date of agreements
ii. After one month from the effective date 10% of investment value (01 instalment) should be paid.
iii. 30% of value should be paid after 03 months (02 instalments)
iv. Rest 60% of value should be paid within 06 months (03 instalments)
On the request of government CM Port has agreed to amend these agreements on follows.
i. to pay 30% (01 instalment) on the effective date
ii. to pay 10% after one month (02 instalments)
iii. to pay rest 60% within 06 months (03 instalments)
It has been decided to sign an additional agreement in this regard.
20. Enter into Optional Protocol of Convention against Torture, and Other Cruel, Inhuman or Degrading Treatment or Punishment (Document No – 49)
Proponent - Foreign Affairs Minister Thilak Marapana
Description - It was decided to sign the above optional protocol and with conform to that protocol to improve welfare of detainees.
21. Report of the cabinet subcommittee appointed to review on the petrol Shortage which prevailed in the country within the first week of November 2017 (Document No - 50)
The report was submitted by Chairman of the committee, Special Assignment Minister (Dr.) Sarath Amunugama.
The report has identified the cause for the crisis as defects in Fuel stock Management and has recommended appointing a Board of Inquiry with the participation of officials with specialized technical knowledge to identify the responsible officers. It also includes recommendations to prevent such a situation in the future. Cabinet of Ministers has decided to act according to recommendations of this report.