1. Stabilising the coastline from Mount Lavinia to Angulana and Eroded ridge of sand in Kaluganga Embouchure (Document No. 05)
The cabinet of ministers has granted its policy approval to stabilise the coastline from Galkissa to Angulana under the Colombo South Sand Nourishment Project. Accordingly the cabinet of ministers approved the proposal presented by H.E. the President Maithripala Sirisena, in his capacity as the Minister of Mahaweli Development and Environment to stabilize the coastline from Mount Lavinia to Angulana using Sand Engine Methodology and to re- stabilize the ridge of sand in Kaluganga Embouchure.
2. Improving facilities for Public - Private Partnerships in Sri Lanka (Document No.06)
Cabinet Approval has been granted to secure funds (USD 25 million) from the International Bank for Reconstruction and Development of the World Bank in order to improve a structure to assist Public- Private Partnership and for financing the necessary infrastructure facilities. Accordingly the cabinet of Ministers approved the proposal presented by Prime Minister Ranil Wickramasinghe, in his capacity as the minister of National Policies and Economic affairs to conduct relevant negotiations and to enter into respective Loan agreements.
3. State Christmas Festival 2018 to be held in Mannar Diocese (Document No.07)
Every year, the State Christmas Festival is held based on a diocese and under the guidance and counselling of the respective Bishop. Accordingly the cabinet of Ministers approved the proposal presented by Hon.John Amaratunga, Minister of Tourism Development and Christian Religious Affairs to hold the State Christmas Festival 2018 based on Mannar Diocese under the theme of “ Birth of Jesus and Gorgeous Christmas”.
4. Holding the Annual Conference 2021 of the Asian Development Bank, in Sri Lanka (Document No.12)
The Cabinet of Ministers approved the proposal presented by Hon. Mangala Samaraweera, Minister of Finance and Mass Media to inform the Asia Development Bank, the intention to host the 2021 annual Conference in Sri Lanka, and to appoint a National Monitoring Committee and sub committees for the purpose.
5. Amendments to Sri Lanka Institute of Development Administration Act No 9 of 1982 (Document No.16)
The cabinet of Ministers approved the proposal presented by Hon. Ranjith Madduma Bandara, Minister of Public Administration and Management and Law and Peace to amend Sri Lanka Institute of Development Administration Act No. 9 of 1982, inserting the amendments to adjust the Administrative structure and Functions of the Sri Lanka Institute of Development Administration to meet present requirements.
6. New Projects to enhance the efficiency of Plantation Sector that to be implemented from 2019 (Document No.27)
A sum of Rs. 457.85 billion was gained as the export income of Tea , Rubber and Coconut associated Products in 2017. It has been identified that, Methods , Services and experiments should be developed to increase this income. Accordingly the proposal presented by Hon. Naween Dissanayaka, Minister of Plantation Industry for the allocation of funds to implement these projects was approved by the Cabinet of Ministers.
7. Systematic Assessment for the Identification of chemical disasters in Sri Lanka by National Building Research Organization (Document No 33)
A study conducted By National Building Research Organization has proved that many of the chemical accidents in Sri Lanka has been occurred due to unawareness, lack of proper maintenance of premises , weakness of Supervision and wrong Industrial Use. Accordingly the Cabinet of Ministers approved the proposal presented by Hon. DUminda Dissanayake, Minister of Irrigation, Water Resources and Disaster Management to implement an assessment to identify the Chemical Disaster Risks in Sri Lanka during the period 2019-2020 .
8. Formalization of the investments of Mahapola Higher Education Scholarship Trust Fund . (Document No.35)
The cabinet of Ministers approved the proposal presented by Dr. WIjedasa Rajapaksha, Minister of Higher Education and Cultural Affairs to invest all the funds owned by Mahapola Higher Education Scholarship Trust Fund, in Government Banks and Central Bank Bonds, liquidating the functions of National Wealth Corporation Ltd. And National Wealth Securities company in order to formalize the investments.
9. Amendments to Mahapola Higher Education Scholarship Trust Fund (Document No. 36)
The cabinet of Ministers approved the proposal presented by Dr. WIjedasa Rajapaksha, Minister of Higher Education and Cultural Affairs to amend the name of the Mahapola Higher Education Trust Fund Act no 66 of 1981 as Lalith Athulathmudali Mahapola Higher Education Trust Fund Act No 66 of 1981.
10. Revision of Nutrition Allowance of the scholars in Sports School (Document No 39)
The Cabinet of Ministers approved the proposal presented by Hon.Akila Wiraj Kariyawasam, Minister of Education to increase the monthly Nutrition Allowance of the students of Sport Schools from Rs. 2500 up to Rs5000.
11. Holding the Asia Pacific Regional Annual Conference 2019 on Express Mail Service, in Sri Lanka (Document No. 41)
The Cabinet of Ministers approved the proposal presented by Hon. M.H.A.Haleem , Minister of Postal, Postal Services and Muslim Religious affairs to hold the Asia Pacific Regional Annual Conference 2019 with the participation of foreign representatives.
12. Infrastructure Development Project of the Technical Engineering Training Institute, Katubedda . (Document No 52)
The Cabinet of Ministers approved the proposal presented by Dr. Sarath Amunugama , Minister of Science, Technology, Research, Skills Development & Vocational Training and Kandyan Heritage to call for a detailed project proposal to improve the Technical Engineering Training Institute, Katubedda using an investment of Rs. 2400 million provide by an Austrian Loan Subsidy Scheme.
13. Kolonnawa Channel Diversion Project (Document No 59)
The Cabinet of Ministers approved the proposal presented by Hon. Patali Champika Ranawaka, Minister of Megapolis and Western Development to award the contract for the improvements under phase 3 of Metro Colombo Urban Development Project to the Joint venture of E&C Institution and RR institution for Rs. 1,004.4 million.
14. Construction of 8 Rural Bridges in order to uplift beneficiaries in Model Villages in Hambanthota District. (Document No. 68)
The Cabinet of Ministers approved the proposal presented by Hon.Sajith Premadasa , Minister of Housing and Development to construct 8 bridges in Hambanthota District under the "Nagamu Purawara" programme. ( Bridge across Rambukwewa Weligaththa Aru, Bridge across Muwanwewa, Weerawila Aru, Diyambediy Bridge across Pannegamuwa and Abhayapura, Brudge across Ambalanthota Liyagastota and Bedigantota, Malala Aru in Thanamalwila Road, Ranmuduwewa Bridge, bridge across Rabarwatta and Uduwila, Katuwana Keselwatta Bridge and bridge across Lunugamwehera South Bank)
15. Naming the year 2018 as national food production year (Document No 39)
H.E. the President Maithripala Sirisena, informed the cabinet of ministers that, actions will be taken to issue circular instructions to draw the attention of all the government institutions to start fallen agricultural activities due to adverse weather conditions faced during previous years with refreshment.