July 17, 2019
tami sin youtube  twitter facebook
    logo

    National project to enroll all non-school going children to preschools on Universal Children’s Day

    September 29, 2014

    All non – school going children who are eligible but not attending school will be enrolled in preschools by 31st December. This national program will be launched by the Minister of Economic and Developmental Affairs, Basil Rajapaksaon the initiative of the Minister of Education, Bandula Gunawardana and Minister of Public Administration & Home Affairs W.D.J. Senewiratne .

    The ceremony will be held on 1stOctober on Universal Children’s Day. “Education for all” is amillennium goal and the theme of the seminar which will be held at Thurstan Colleage Colombo – 07.

     

    The free education system prevalent in Sri Lanka over a long period has gained the top place in the SAARC region with a 98.5 % range of school going children. The remaining 1.5 % which constitutes thenon –school goers number 50,000.

     

    The Education Ministry will ensure that by Dec 31st all these children will be given places in schools.(NJ/SDF)

    Last modified on Monday, 29 September 2014 16:05

    dgi log front

    recu

    electionR2

    Desathiya