June 06, 2020
tami sin youtube  twitter facebook

    Eng

    CID has commenced investigations regarding rumour mongers – DIG Ajith Rohana

    April 06, 2020

    The Criminal Investigations Department (CID) has commenced investigations into rumours being spread of a complete lockdown of the country and on the funerals of individuals who had died due to COVID-19, said Deputy Inspector General of Police (DIG) Ajith Rohana.

     

    He said false information claiming that a complete lockdown will come into effect from 10-15 April, delivery services of essential goods to be halted and all stores distributing essential goods to remain closed during this period, were being spread via videos and posts on social media.

    DIG Ajith Rohana pointed out that official news with regard to COVID-19 will be issued to the media only through the President’s Media Division (PMD), Ministry of Health, Government Information Department, Ministry of Defence, Sri Lanka Army and the Police Department.

    He also noted that the curfew is still in force and so far 12,465 persons have been arrested for violation of the curfew. During the 24-hour period ending at 6.00 am today 1500 curfew violators had been arrested. Since the imposition of the curfew on the 19th of March, over 3,100 vehicles had also been seized.

    The DIG especially noted that in the restricted areas of Beruwala, Atalugama and Akurana areas, if anyone is found travelling on even by roads, they would be arrested. Those travelling during the curfew and congregating will be arrested and they would not be given bail and would be produced in court.

    He added that the highest number of patients are reported from the Gampaha district and the highest number of arrests are also from the same district. Accordingly, 871 persons had been arrested from Gampaha, 645 from Anuradhapura, 619 from Negombo, 520 from Kelaniya and 493 from Puttalam and the law will be strictly enforced in these areas the DIG said.

    dgi log front

    recu

    electionR2

    Desathiya