- Preparation of Finance Commission Act (Document – 06)
Proponent - H.E. the President Maithripala Sirisena
Description – It was decided to instruct Legal Draftsman to draft a bill on the above purpose by including recommendations made by the subcommittee appointed in this regard.
- Implementation of a National Accreditation Scheme for Medical /Clinical Laboratory and Healthcare Service Provides (Document No – 15)
Proponent – Science, Technology and Research Minister Susil Premajayantha
Description – It was decided to implement above scheme in association with Ministry of Health Nutrition and Indigenous Medicine with the objective of improving standard of above services.
- Payment of membership contribution for Base Erosion and Profit Shifting project (Document No-19)
Proponent – Finance & Mass Media Minister Mangala Samaraweera
Description – It was decided to pay 30,000 Euro as membership Contribution for gaining benefits from the above project.
- Number of motor vehicles owned by the government (document No – 20)
Following information presented by Finance & Mass Media Minister Mangala Samaraweera was considered by the Cabinet of Ministers.
Overall vehicles owned by the government
Out of them vehicles in running condition
Vehicle not in running condition
It was decoded to instruct officials to dispose vehicles which are not in running condition with immediate effect.
- Increasing the number of beneficiaries of “Sonduru Piyasa” concessionary loan scheme (Document No - 22)
Proponent – Finance & Mass Media Minster Mangala Samaraweera
Description – Project currently provides loan to houses less than 750 square feet of area and it was decided to increase the area to 1000 square feet for increasing the number of beneficiaries.
- Release of lands owned by Cooperative Wholesale Corporation for development of Beira lake area (Document No 26)
Proponent – Megapolis and Western Development Minister Patali Champika Ranawaka
Description – It was decided to enter into a MOU with Industry and Commerce Ministry for implementation of combined development projects on the above propose.
- Sustainable Development of Underground Water (Document No - 28)
Proponent – Irrigation and Water Resources Management Minister Wijith Wijayamuni Zoysa
It was decided to increase the fine for rejecting regulations made on above purpose and to impose a registration fee for tube well manufacturers to maintain their standards.
- Development of education of Dasa sil matha (Document No - 29)
Proponent – Buddha Sasana Minister Gamini Jayawickrama Perera
Description – It was decided to improve education in 04 institutes current established on above purpose and to bear their maintenance expense by the Government.
- Providing loan facility for obtaining Technical Corporation for secondary Town Sustainable Development project (Document No 34)
Proponent – Provincial Councils and Local Government Minister Faizer Mustapha
Description – It was decided to obtain a loan facility of USD 05 million from ADB in this regard.
- Signing of MOU between Sri Lanka and India on Information Technology and Electronic Science field. (Document No 39)
Proponent – Telecommunication and Infrastructure Minister Harin Fernando
- Establishment of an Export Development Zone in Millaniya area of Kalutara District (Document No. 42)
Proponent - Development Strategies & International Trade Minister Malik Samarawickrama
Description - It was decided to acquire identified land to BOI Sri Lanka in two stages.
- Award of contract for implementing housing Project at Sri Jayewardenepura Hospital Road, Thalawathugoda (Document No. 45)
Proponent - Mega Police & Western Development Minister Patali Champika Ranawaka
Awarded to - M/S. Yanjin Group Co. Ltd
Cost - LKR 6,997 Million
- Award of contract for completing balance work of law income housing project at Kalinga Mawatha, Colombo 05. (Document No. 46)
Proponent - Megapolis & Western Development Minister Patali Champika Ranawaka
Awarded to - M/S Maga Engineers Pvt. Ltd.
Cost - LKR 1898.7 Million
- Award of Contract for supply of hardware & training for a pilot project in digital technology (Document 47)
Proponent - Telecommunication & Digital Infrastructure Minister Harin
Awarded to - Orel Corporation
Cost - LKR 99.21 million
- Completion of Kilinochchi sports complex (Document No 48)
Proponent - Sports Minister Dayasiri Jayasekara
Description - It was decided to award rest work to Sri Lanka Army at a cost of
LKR 141.9 million.
- Implementing Ratmalana – Moratuwa Waste water Disposal Project step I – phase II
Proponent - Hon. Prime Minister Ranil Wickremesinghe as the Minister of National Policies & Economic Affairs
Description - Above project will benefit about 11,000 households and 580 commercial places. The project costs 105.5 million Euros and French Development Agency has agreed to provide 75 million Euros. It was decided to enter into an agreement with said agency for obtaining those funds.
- Making reliefs for 4000 families of Kavudulla irrigation scheme that had to abandon their cultivations in maha season 2017/2018 caused by improper issuing of water due to testing conducted regarding Moragahakanda Reservoir (Document 57)
Proponent – H.E. the President Maithripala Sirisena as the Minister of Mahaweli Development and Environment
Description – A dry ration worth LKR 5000/- is already being provided and it was decided to provide an additional aid of LKR 10,000/- for next 03 months for above said 4000 families.
- Issuing of Sri Lanka Development Bonds under public Borrowing programme (Document 58)
Proponent - Finance & Mass Media Minister Mangala Samaraweera
Description - Maximum borrowing limit for 2018 is LKR 1,893 billion and LKR 1,313 billion out of them will be obtain from local sources and LKR 580 billion from foreign sources.
It was decided to undertake the above bond issue under the supervision of Central Bank of Sri Lanka for obtaining USD 3,000 million (Approximately LKR 456 billion) for the Year 2018.
- Issuing of International Sovereign Bonds under Public Borrowing Program 2018 (Document No – 59)
Proponent – Finance & Mass Media Minister Mangala Samaraweera
Description – It was decided to obtain funds up to USD 2,000 million through issuing above bonds in year 2018.
- Continuation of providing house rent allowance for families evacuated due to effects of Uma Oya Multipurpose Development Project (Document No – 62)
Cabinet has decided on 29.08.2017 to provide above allowance until they are resettled in alternative lands and a land owned by Forest Conservation Department has been identified for resettlement and resettlement process is under way. According to recommendation of Cabinet Committee appointed for making relies to these families the Cabinet has decided to continue payment of the house rent allowance for further 06 months.