02. Access to Convention on Cluster Munitions (Oslo Treaty) by Sri Lanka (Document 06)
Proponent – H.E. the President Maithripala Sirisena as Minister of Defence
Description – Sri Lanka armed forces have never used cluster bombs and showing its commitment on preventing use of cluster bombs, it was decided to accede above convention which was ratified by 102 countries.
03. Amendment of Explosives Act No. 21 of 1956(Document 07)
Proponent – H.E. the President Maithripala Sirisena as Minister of Defence
Description – It was decided to appoint a Committee of Officials representing relevant institutions to obtain proposals to amend above act to Suit present requirements.
04. Productive Management of water resources with challenge of Climate Change (Document 08)
Proponent – H.E. the President Maithripala Sirisena as Minister of Mahaweli Development & Environment
Description – Changes in climate patterns have caused unexpected disasters such as floods, dry spells and landslides and to address such issues it was decided to establish a Presidential Task Force presided by Presidential Secretary for making recommendations on establishing combined water resources management mechanism.
05. Obtaining foreign species of animals to Department of National Zoological Gardens. (Document 09)
National Zoological Gardens Act No.4 of 1982 should be amended for obtaining animals through exchange programmers with foreign Zoological Gardens and purchasing from Persons who import animals to Sri Lanka. Proposals which have been made by former Wild Life Minister Gamini Jayawickrama Perera were approved by the Cabinet of Ministers considering the consent of Minister Ravindra Samaraweera who is currently in charge of that field.
06. Improvement of roads which joins the Central Expressway in Kandy and Surrounding areas. (Document No. 14)
The Proposal which have been made by former Higher Education & Highways Minister Lakshman Kiriella to appoint RITES Ltd. of India to provide consultancy services for preparing a comprehensive project report on the above purpose was approved by the Cabinet of Ministers considering the consent of Minister Kabir Hashim who is currently in charge of that field.
07. Conducting a feasibility study and Environment impact report for construction of Wandurapinu Ella Reservoir ( Document No. 16)
The proposal made by City Planning and Water Supply Minister Rauff Hakeem to conduct above study, was approved by the Cabinet of Ministers.
08. Establish the Sub-Regional Centre of Regional Integrated Multi-Hazard Early Warning System in Sri Lanka. ( Document No. 17)
Proponent – Disaster Management Minister Anura Priyadarshana Yapa
Description – It was decided to construct a two storied building in the premises of Department of Meteorology to establish above Centre.
09. Implementation of government's paddy purchasing programme for Maha Season 2017-18 (Document No. 18)
Proponent – Finance & Mass Media Minister Mangala Samaraweera Rural Economic Affairs Minister P. Harrison
Description – It was decided to purchase Paddy through Paddy Marketing Board at a rate of Rs. 38/ for a Kilo of Nadu Rice, Rs. 41/ for Samba / Keeri Samba Rice.
10. Management of Construction of Warehouse Complexes in Polonnaruwa, Kilinochchi and Ratnapura Districts. (Document No. 19)
Proponent – Finance & Mass Media Minister Mangala Samaraweera
Description – It was decided to authorize District Secretaries to enter into Management Contract agreements with the Regional Development Bank on the above matter and assigning the duty of supervision and regulating these warehouse complexes to District Secretaries.
11. Providing tax concessions for importation of Cuttlefish and chanos chanos which are used us baits in fisheries (Document Number 23)
Proponent – Fisheries & Aquatic Resources Minister Mahinda Amaraweera
Description - It was decided to grant tax Concession for importation of above fish and take steps to prevent such fish from accessing in to domestic use.
12. Construction of 10,000 houses for plantation community under an Indian aid programme. (Document Number 29)
Proponent – Hill Country New Villages, Infrastructure & Community Development Minister U. Palani Thigambaram.
Description – It was decided to construct houses using one million rupee for each house.
13. Construction to residential building and Administrative building of National Police Academy, Katana (Document Number 34)
The proposal which has been made by former Law and order Minister Sagala Ratnayake to implement the above project at a cost of LKR 836.28 million, within the period of 2018-2020 was approved by the Cabinet of Minister.
14. Construction of accommodation, Canteen and Car Park for Officers of Police Inspector Level in Slave Island area.
The Proposal which has been made by former Law and order Minister Sagala Ratnayake, to Construct a 6-stories building in Slave Island area at a Cost of LKR 468.27 million, was approved by the Cabinet of Minister.
15. Trilateral MOU between Sri Lanka –India and Japan on establishing Liquid Natural Gas terminal and Floating Natural Gas terminal (Document - 37)
Proponent – Development Strategies and International Trade Minister Malik Samarawickrama
Ports and Shipping Minister Mahinda Samarasinghe
Share holding of the joint venture is as followers,
Sri Lanka government 15%
Sri Lanka Gas Terminal LTD
Petronet LGN Ltd of India - 47.5%
Sojits Corporation and Mitsubishi
Company of Japan 37.5
16. Providing funds for museum project of university of Peradeniya (Doc No-38 )
Proponent – Special Assignments Minister Dr. Sarath Amunugama
Description- It was decided to provide LKR 10 million from allocations of the Ministry of Special Assignments to Peradeniya University.
17. Feasibility study to implement section from Rajagiriya to Athurugiriya of Elevated Highway Project (Doc No- 39)
Proponent - Former Higher education & Highways Minister Lakshman Kiriella
Contract awarded to
M/s Resource Development Consults (PVT) Ltd
M/s SMEC International Pty
Cost – LKR 98.73 million
18. Construction of Stroke Unit at Jaffna Teaching Hospital (Doc No - 41)
Proponent- Health Minister Rajitha Senarathne
Contact awarded to –
M/s link Engineering (PVT) Ltd
Cost – LKR 633/97 million
19. Award of contract for purchasing antibiotics - Merapenum 1g injection 750000 Nos. (Doc No – 42)
Proponent – Health Minister Rajitha Senarathne
Awarded to – M/s Scott Edil Advance Research Laboratories & Education Ltd
Cost – USD 1.08 million
20. Award of Contract for purchase of injections used for patients with immune deficiencies (33,000 Nos.) (Doc. No. 43)
Proponent – Heath Minister Rajitha Senarathne
Awarded to - M/S Reliance Life Science (pvt) Ltd –of India
Cost - USD 3.06 million
21. Obtaining office space for Ministry of Health. (Doc. No. 44)
Some of the sections of ministry are located in a rented building and until the new building under constructions is completed it was decided to obtain a building owned by Medi House (Pvt) Ltd with 55,000 Sqft at Colombo10, for a 2 years to a monthly rental of LKR 9.07 million.
22. Purchase of 250 Ambulances for Government hospitals. (Doc. No. 45)
Proponent – Health Minister Dr. Rajitha Senarathne.
23. Infrastructure development for stage III of Trincomalee Industrial estate (Doc. No. 46)
Proponent- Industry and commerce Minister Rishad Bathiudeen
24. Construction of 220kv transmission line from Pdpitiya – Hambantota (Doc No 48) Proponent :- Power & Renewable Energy Minister Ranjith Siyambalapitiya.
Contract Awarded to M/S. China National Cable Engineering Corporation
Cost . LKR 5,794.32 Million
25. Award of contract for purchasing aerial bundle conductors (ABC – 3x70+54.6+16sqmm – 1500km) for distribute zone 2 of CEB (Document No – 49)
Proponent – Power and Renewable Energy Minister Ranjith Siyambalapitiya
Awarded to – M/s Sierra Cables PLC
Cost – LKR 872.96 million
26. Taking measures to face challenges on cyber security (Document No –54)
Proponent – Telecommunication and Digital Infrastructure Minister Harin Fernando
Description – Sri Lanka Computer Emergency Readiness Team – Sri Lanka has been established to act on cyber security issues in the country and it was decided to transfer this institute under the purview of Ministry of Telecommunication and Digital Infrastructure for improving its activities and to continue its operation.
27. National Audit Act (Document No – 58)
When the above bill was presented in 20-02-2018 it was decided to appoint a Cabinet Committee chaired by Minister Dr. Sarath Amunugama for making further recommendations and the bill was approved by the Cabinet of Ministers subject to amendments to be made according to recommendations made by the said committee.
28. Project for improving health and medical services (Document No – 60)
Proponent – Prime Minister Ranil Wickremesinghe, in his capacity as the Minister of National Policies and Economic Affairs
Description – About 75% of deaths in Sri Lanka occur due to non communicable diseases and to improve treatments on such diseases it was decided to implement a project to develop Anuradhapura, Kandy, Kurunegala, Badulla and Trincomalee General Hospitals with assistance of JICA. Accordingly it was decided to hold negotiations with JICA and enter into relevant agreements for obtaining a loan of Japanese Yen 10,639 million on the above purpose.
29. Supply of chemical fertilizer for paddy cultivation in Yala season 2018 (Document No – 62)
Proponent – Agriculture Minister Duminda Dissanayake
Description – Fertilizer should be provided to about 500,000 hectares of paddy fields and as the normal procurement procedure will take a considerable time, it was decided to select a supplier through an accelerated procurement procedure, and to issue treasury bonds to the two government fertilizer companies, i.e. Ceylon Fertilizer Company Ltd and Commercial Fertilizer Company on the above purpose.